Eric H. Ledet
Research Assistant Professor
Department of Biomedical Engineering
Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, Albany Medical College
B.S., University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, Mechanical Engineering
M.S., Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Biomedical Engineering
Ph.D., Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Biomedical Engineering
- Member Orthopaedic Research Society
- Member Biomedical Engineering Society
- Member North American Spine Society
- Adjunct Assistant Professor – Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, The Albany Medical College
Prior to joining the faculty at Rensselaer in 2004, Ledet served as Director of the Orthopaedic Research Program at the Albany Medical College where he worked with the physicians that comprise the largest orthopaedic practice in the region. During his time at the Albany Medical College, he worked closely with the research and development teams from 18 different companies as well as analysts from venture capital firms. Under his direction, the laboratory secured over $2.8 million in industry funded research and completed more than 30 projects. Ledet has also served as a consultant for several medical device companies and as a medical advisory board member.
- Wireless microsensor development
- Wireless microactuator development
- Kinematic simulations of the normal and pathologic musculoskeletal system
Recent Projects :
- “Implantable Microtransducers For Incorporation Into Orthopaedic Implants.”
(Sponsor Confidential.) December, 2004 – November, 2006.
- “Efficacy of the Spine Axial Fusion Rod for Lumbar Spinal Arthrodesis.”
Sponsored by TranS1, Inc.,October, 2003- June, 2004.
- “In Vitro Measurement of Force Transmission Through Lumbar Facet Joints in the Normal Human Spine.”
Sponsored by Interpore Cross International, September, 2003- May, 2004.
Selected Publications :
Ledet EH, Tymeson MP, DiRisio DJ, Cohen B, Uhl RL. Direct Real Time Measurement of In Vivo Forces in the Lumbar Spine. The Spine Journal, 2005; 5(1):85-94.
Ledet EH, Tymeson MP, Carl AL, Yuan H, Timm JP. Direct Measurement of Facet Forces in the Intact and Total Disc Implanted Lumbar Spine. Proceedings of the 4th Annual Global Symposium on Intervertebral Disc Replacement & Non-Fusion Technology. Vienna, Austria. May, 2004.
Ledet EH, DiRisio DJ, Tymeson MP, Cohen B. Direct Experimental Measurement of the Real Time In Vivo Loads Imposed on an Interbody Fusion Implant in the Lumbar Spine. Proceedings of the World Spine II Congress: The Second Interdisciplinary Congress on Spine Care. Chicago, Illinois. August 10-13, 2003:75-6.
Ledet EH, Sachs BL, Brunski JB, Gatto CE, Donzelli PS: Real Time In Vivo Loading in the Lumbar Spine. Part 1: Interbody Implant – Load Cell Design and Preliminary Results. Spine 2000; 25(20): 2595-600.
Eric H. Ledet
Jonsson Engineering Center Room 7044
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
110 8th Street
Troy, N.Y. 12180 USA
Phone: (518) 276-6959
Fax: (518) 276-3035
ledete at rpi.edu