Department of Mechanical, Aerospace & Nuclear Engineering
Ph.D., Technion-Israel Institute of Technology
Postdoctoral Research Associate, M.I.T.
Power Science, 1992-1993, Nes-Ziona, Israel. Packaging engineer:
Strength and thermal design of power supplies
- Heat transfer in microelectromechanical systems (MEMS)
- Fluid flow in microelectromechanical systems (MEMS)
- Thermal management of electronic equipment
- "Nano and micro scale reentrant surface cavities for enhanced micro channels boiling," Office of Naval Research
- "Cavitation enhanced heat transfer in microchannels," Mainstream Engineering Corporation
- "Cavitation in MicroElectroMechanical System,'" National Science Foundation
Honors and Awards:
Selected Publications :
Kosar, A., Kuo C.-J., and Peles, Y., "Suppression of boiling flow oscillations in parallel microchannels with inlet restrictors," Journal of Heat Transfer, 128(3), 2006.
Kosar, A. and Peles, Y., "Thermal-hydraulic performance of MEMS-based pin fin heat sink," Journal of Heat Transfer, 128(2), 2006.
Mishra, C. and Peles, Y., "Cavitation in Flow Through a Micro-Orifice Inside a Silicon Microchannel," Physics of Fluids, 17(1), pp. 013601-013601-15, 2005.
Mishra, C. and Peles, Y., "Flow visualization of cavitating flows through a rectangular slot micro-orifice ingrained in a microchannel" Physics of Fluids, 17(11), 2005.
Mishra, C. and Peles, Y., "Size Scale Effects on Cavitating Flows Through Micro-Orifices Entrenched in Rectangular Microchannels," Journal of Microelectromechanical
Systems, 14(5), pp. 987- 999, 2005.
Mishra, C. and Peles, Y., "Incompressible and Compressible Flows Through Rectangular Micro-Orifices Entrenched in Silicon Microchannels," Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, 14(5), pp. 1000- 1012, 2005.
Kosar, A., Kuo C.-J., and Peles, Y., "Boiling heat transfer in rectangular microchannels with reentrant cavities," International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 48(23-24) pp. 4867-4886, 2005.
Jonsson Engineering Center Room 4020
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
110 8th Street
Troy, N.Y. 12180 USA
Phone: (518) 276-2886
pelesy at rpi.edu